Followers

Email Me

If you would like to contact me I am at:
joylvgs@shaw.ca or
joylvgs@gmail.com

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Forever Young

Hi everyone!  Here is a new and special card that I have made for a very special friend who has a birthday tomorrow.  The gate fold technique is from the incredible Norma over at From My Craft Room!  She really does the most incredible tutorials and this is one of them.  Check out her stuff as it is fabulous.  I am going to be trying a number of her tutorials so watch for them here.

I am entering this one at Eureka Stamps - Anything Goes;
The Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes;
Hooked on Crafts - Cards for Men;
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes.

Cards for guys are HARD to make.  Didn't want to make it feminine in any way so that meant keeping the embellishments minimal.  Hopefully a ribbon and pearls aren't too much!  LOL!

I used Cool Edwin from the Sweet Rainbow collection and then masked him off and stamped Edwin's Oldsmobile from Summer Memories collection.  I have colored with the trusty Copics.

Background - B 02, 32, 00, 000, 0000, and blender (Thank you for this one also Norma)
Shirt - BG 72, 18, 13, 11
Jeans - B 97, 95, 93, 91
Bumper/Grill/Tires - C 7, 5, 3, 2, 1
Car - E 18, 17, 15
Interior/window - E 42, 40
Skin - E 50, 000, 21, 00, and 93 for cheeks
Hair - E 29, 25, 31
Runners - C 3, 1, 00
Headlights - Y 00, 11

That is a long list!! 

Here is one close up of the coloring for you.


As always, I really love to read your comments and appreciate you taking the time to "write".  If you would like any other details just let me know.




7 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce this is a stunning Edwin creation awesome colouring great masking technique, now go find some challs this super cute creation fits & get it entered..if it helps check out this site which puts up a list of chall blogs (not a full list) so go blog hopping & find some..

    http://felineplayful.blogspot.co.uk/

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS, going to check out the images you used. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Eureka Stamps;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fab card, gorgeous colouring,

    you asked which distress ink colours I used on my card and so here they are lol
    weathered wood, pumice stone, antique linen, vintage photo, hope this helps, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card. So lovely design. I like the colors you have used and that image is absolutely so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edwin's a handsome guy Joyce! Wonderfully colored and great color choices!

    ReplyDelete