Followers

Email Me

If you would like to contact me I am at:
joylvgs@shaw.ca or
joylvgs@gmail.com

Friday, June 3, 2011

Copics to Look Like Distress

I have wanted to try this technique for awhile and the challenge at Copic Creations is to color with your Copics to look like Distress Inks.  On the Copic Creations site which is at
http://copiccreations.wordpress.com/ you can check out the videos that are done by Suzanne Dean to learn how to achieve this kind of look with your coloring.  I am quite happy with the way this came out and I am going to enter this one at Copic Creations and also at Just Magnolia.  Their challenge is to use lace in your creation.  Check them out at http://justmagnolia.blogspot.com/.  Both sites have tons of inspiration and techniques to learn.


My pictures are kind of blurry so I apologize for that but you can still see the details.  Here is a close up of the coloring.  Suzanne adds a little bit of W3 and W1 to accent the distress look and I also did this but I think I got a little too much.  It was my first attempt so hopefully will improve!


I have one more for you that is the inside of the card.

All of the stamps are from Magnolia, the papers are from the stash and I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to add color to the edges.  I would love to hear what you think of this one!  If you like any other details just let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Omgoodness! YOur card is ADORABLE!! I love your coloring and you did such an awesome job making this look distressed. Thank you so much for joining us at Copic Creations!! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete